Lsu F Shareef O’neal Updates Standing Of His Foot Injury
O’Neal played in 5 of LSU’s first six video games before hurting his foot in practice the day earlier than the staff’s Southeastern Conference opener towards Texas A&M. After being sidelined for the previous two video games with an damage that price him six video games earlier this season, LSU reserve forward Shareef O’Neal is scheduled to go to a foot specialist Wednesday. LSU basketball hosts Georgia on Wednesday evening, and travels to face No. 12 Missouri on Saturday, Jan. 9. It seems like he’ll be out for a minimum of those two video games, with a possible return for house games vs. Arkansas on Jan. thirteen or South Carolina on Jan. sixteen. The snub was such a shock to many in the basketball community that everyone from LeBron James to Kobe Bryant reached out to Shareef. Instead of working from the pressures that accompany being Shaq’s son, the youthful O’Neal embraced following in his father’s footsteps and dreamed of changing into probably the greatest gamers within the nation.
- It is now two and half years since his surgery, and O’Neal says his health is just getting better.
- After being sidelined for the past two video games with an injury that value him six video games earlier this season, LSU reserve ahead Shareef O’Neal is scheduled to visit a foot specialist Wednesday.
- Shareef raised his recreation on the Elite Youth Basketball League circuit by averaging 13.7 points and seven rebounds per recreation whereas enjoying for Cal Supreme last summer.
- Now 18 years old and 6-foot-9, O’Neal’s goals are becoming a reality, as he’s recognized for having top-of-the-line lengthy-vary shooting and rebounding skill units within the country.
- If O’Neal is out for any length of time, Wade’s solely different massive-man possibility off the bench is 6-eleven freshman middle Josh Gray.
As a 4-star energy forward prospect, O’Neal committed to UCLA out of highschool. He felt it wasn’t fairly the best match for him in Los Angeles and in the end decided to make the transfer to LSU. In April 2019, UCLA hired Mick Cronin as their head coach to exchange the fired Steve Alford. O’Neal made his UCLA debut in the 2019–20 season opener, taking part in six minutes without scoring in opposition to Long Beach State.
Lsu’s Shareef O’neal, Son Of Shaquille, Reveals Stress Fracture Damage In Foot
The UCLA transfer is averaging 2.8 points and 4.four rebounds while enjoying 14.6 minutes per recreation. He’s gotten double-digit minutes in all 10 games that he has performed in. O’Neal, the son of former LSU nice Shaquille O’Neal, has come off the bench in all 10 video games that he is played on this season. In April 2017, O’Neal dedicated to play school basketball for Arizona. Because he signed a nonbinding monetary aid settlement with Arizona instead of a formal letter of intent, he didn’t require a launch from Arizona to seek out a new college. O’Neal verbally committed to UCLA on February 27, however he didn’t signal a National Letter of Intent during the signing interval that ended on May sixteen.
O’Neal has appeared in five games for LSU this season, after transferring in from UCLA. He’s averaging three points and five rebounds in just under quarter-hour per recreation, making his greatest impact with a 5 point, 9 rebound efficiency in 19 minutes in opposition to SE Louisiana. Shareef raised his sport on the Elite Youth Basketball League circuit by averaging thirteen.7 factors and seven rebounds per recreation while enjoying for Cal Supreme last summer.